Thursday, September 29, 2016

Evangelina Earrings - Arula Earrings with Pinch Beads


If you're like me, you've got beads that you're not all that crazy about that are just sort of taking up space in your stash. I'm always on the lookout for ways to use up beads such as Rullas, Pinch beads, O-Beads, Kheops par Puca beads, Crescent beads and other unusually shaped beads. I think that these earrings are a lovely way to use up some of my stash of Rulla beads and Pinch beads.

I blogged about the original "Arula Earrings" tutorial before HERE. I've also blogged a couple of times about my variation where I replaced the Rulla beads with druks. When I saw ADwade's "Evangelina Earrings" in her shop HERE and HERE, I recognized that the design was basically the "Arula" pattern with a few changes. Click HERE to see the original free "Arula Earrings" tutorial.

Here's a photo of one of the original "Arula" earrings from my previous post so that you can compare it with the Pinch bead version.



For the Pinch bead version, you use six Rulla beads instead of eight. Everything else stays pretty much the same except that you need to switch the 15/0 beads with 11/0 beads, and vice versa, in a couple of steps. The Pinch beads replace the druks in the original tutorial. The top loop of my original "Arula" sample earring is my own idea as is the loop on my Pinch bead earrings.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • Rulla beads "Chalk Lazure Blue"
  • Pinch beads "Chalk Blue Luster"




  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • Rulla beads "Opaque Amethyst Luster"
  • Pinch beads "Polychrome Orchid Aqua"




  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • Rulla beads "Chalk Green Luster"
  • Pinch beads "Bronze"




  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • Rulla beads "Aztec Gold"
  • Pinch beads "Opaque Rose Gold Topaz Luster"



 

1 comment: